Awhile back I saw a picture of a dresser covered with cups and mugs with sunlight streaming through the window behind it. Inspired, I decided to make up a story behind the mess. I couldn't find the original picture, so I recreated my own version to capture a snapshot of a similar scene. These are my recreated versions The Morning Mess Golden shafts of morning light stream through the window. With Morning’s bright advent and the room touched in its wake, A late night gathering’s unsightly remains are brazenly shown, An expansive mess rudely exposed. An empty bag that once held pretzels, A soda can with the pull-tab missing, Brightly colored jellybeans straying from their home, The mess abandoned on a low coffee table, Its wooden surface sticky from careless spills and sugary specks, With a dirt stained rug underneath. Cups and mugs grouped across the dresser, A set of three tea stained mugs, A duet of tall clear glasses filled with water, A lone tea bag l...
Comments
Post a Comment